Message from the Van Wert Fire Department:
• We are still open and responding to calls. If you call, we will respond. Our residents have been great so far about not calling. Please ONLY call 911 for true, life threatening emergencies. When you do, stay on the line and answer all of the questions. Please help us protect ourselves and our community, the health of our employees means operational efficiency. We are practicing social distancing just as you are!
• Do not be alarmed if we show up at your house or a neighbor’s house and you see us wearing gowns, gloves, goggles, and facemasks. We are following CDC guidelines for all possible encounters. We have altered our operations and responses to protect you, our community, and ourselves.
• Please consult your Primary Care Physician for medical questions or for guidance in treatment if you are sick. They should be your first call unless you are in serious distress.
• Be aware, if you have signs and symptoms, but not serious respiratory distress, we will encourage you to seek care other than the ER. We, as a community, need to make sure to leave the ER for Emergencies. There are still strokes and heart attacks happening. If you go to the ER, you will be surrounded by other sick people. Our goal is to keep everyone as healthy as possible.
• We are not currently conducting station tours, allowing visitors (even our own families), conducting in person training, or even coming outside to chat with folks.
• Thank you for your support and for following the guidance being put out.
• WASH YOUR HANDS, encourage social distancing and be kind to each other.
• Stay home if at all possible!
• To contact the Van Wert Fire Department in a NON-emergency situation, please call 419-238-4918.