- This event has passed.
Civil Service Entry Level Exam Police Department
April 21 @ 7:00 am - June 18 @ 11:30 pm
The Civil Service Commission of the City of Van Wert, Ohio, will hold a competitive examination to create an eligibility list for the City Police Department of Van Wert, Ohio, on Saturday, June 18, 2022 at 9 o’clock A.M. in the Council Chambers located in the Municipal Building at 515 East Main Street Van Wert Ohio 45891. The front door will open at 8:00 o’clock A.M.
All persons wishing to take this examination must file an Application with the City Police Department, City Building, 515 East Main Street, Van Wert, Ohio, on or before 4:00 o’clock P.M., Monday, May 9, 2022.
Application packets will be available on and after Monday, April 25, 2022 at the Police Communications Center, Room 116, (first floor) in the Van Wert City Building during or after business hours.
The following are the requirements in order to sit for the Examination:
- Applicant must be at least Twenty-one (21) years of age by the date of the Examination;
- Applicant must be less than Thirty-five (35) years of age on the date of the Examination. (Applicant cannot be appointed to a position on or after 35th birthday)
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or possess a valid permanent resident card.
- Applicant must have earned a high school degree or GED
- Applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License.